One of the features that I am often complimented about is my skin. My skin makes me look younger than my age. But hey..I wasn’t blessed with a good skin though I must admit that being a Bengali and because of my genes (my parents wrinkled very late) I still don’t have fine lines or wrinkles.
I don’t invest a lot of time or money for my skin. Here are few tips for women for skin care. Of course, if you have any major medical problems, you need to seek a skin specialist’s advice.
- Post 30 be more diligent with your skin care. This is the time when our body starts ageing and as women our bodies go through a lot of wear and tear and hormonal changes. Just few minutes a day is sufficient.
- After childbirth most women tend to put on weight and hence they go for shortcut like crash dieting to lose weight. This is a big NO. It impacts the overall health and skin is no exception. Never skip any food group. Eat healthy. Stay hydrated. Drink water, milk, juices, buttermilk to keep yourself well hydrated. When your inner health is good, it reflects on the skin.
- Any form of exercise increases blood circulation. Exercise helps remove toxins from the body and the skin gets a good glow.
- Invest in a good day and night cream. Nowadays there are lots of brands available. You may choose any of them. They are specifically formulated to work on skin during day and night time.
- Use a mild face wash twice or thrice a day based on your skin type. There are face washes available for oily, dry and normal skin. I always wash my face after getting up in the morning. This helps remove the excess oil and dead skin.
- Use branded and good makeup products. Cheaper products will end up harming your skin. Its not necessary that you have to buy expensive imported makeup products. Our country has a lot of good options nowadays.
- Always use a cleanser to remove your makeup before going to bed, no matter how tired you are. Clean your face and apply night cream before sleeping. It will hardly take 10 minutes’ time.
- Apply face packs once or twice a week. If you are short on time, apply readymade face packs available in the market. You might apply the pack, carry on with your chores, and wash it off after it dries. You can do it any time of the day. Face packs help tighten the skin, remove dirt and oil, and give a nice glow.
- Our kitchen is a storehouse of many natural face packs. Mix egg white, besan, curd, little turmeric and honey. Apply this on face. After it dries wash it off. This packs helps in keeping wrinkles at bay and gives a glow to the skin. Similarly, you can use a mix of rosewater, honey and besan; mix of chandan, multani mitti and rosewater. Rubbing slices of fruits like papaya, strawberry, mashed banana also gives instant shine.
- Lastly, our state of mind reflects on our face and skin. Try to keep yourself happy. Reinvent, try to let go off things, learn to stand up for yourself, don’t try to be too sacrificing, seek your own happiness.