A healthy and glowing skin adds to the confidence of any woman. I am often being asked as to how I still don’t have any wrinkles or sagging skin! It’s not that I spend thousands of rupees or 4-5 hours a day taking care of my skin. It’s just a routine that I follow which helps me.
There are a lot of factors which affect the skin, especially women. Hormonal issues, stress, exposure to sunlight and pollution, erratic eating schedule, lack of sleep, spending a lot of time in front of the screen, lack of a proper skin care regime, etc.
One needs to invest some time daily and follow a proper ritual to have a good skin.
Sharing a few tips which might help you to have a healthy skin. Of course, any medical issues like acne, psoriasis, eczema, etc. needs medical attention.
- Eat well. Never go for crash diets. All the food groups are important for our health. Totally banishing carbohydrates or fats from the diet takes away the glow from the skin. Daily have meals which are healthy with lots of fruits, vegetables, proteins, some amount of fat, carbohydrates.
- Try to get a good sleep. Of course, women as moms, balancing work and home, taking care of everyone are the ones who get very limited sleep or sometimes disturbed sleep. This also affects the skin’s health. Try to meditate, have a glass of warm milk, or a good bath to get a good sleep. This will help your skin.
- What helps for me is washing the face with a mild face-wash first thing in the morning, which removes the excess oil and dirt accumulated in the night. I have an oily skin, so I use a face-wash meant for oily skin. You can use a face-wash based on your skin type. After that, I apply a good moisturizer to replenish the moisture.
- This is oft repeated but generally most neglected part of skin care, using a sunscreen. Invest in a good sunscreen with high SPF to protect against the harmful UV radiation of the sun. The ultraviolet radiation damages the skin a lot. Use sunscreen even if you are at home.
- The ritual of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing works wonders for the skin. One can definitely invest in a few minutes to do this, which will help in having a healthy skin for the lifetime.
- Always use good make-up products. Use products which suit your skin but don’t go for very cheap and harsh products. They damage the skin. So, better spend a few bucks more which will ensure that your skin is safe in the long run.
- Exercising helps to flush the toxins out of the body and improve the blood circulation. This automatically adds a glow to the skin. Do any form of exercise daily like brisk walking, yoga, gymming, dancing. This will keep your skin healthy in a fun way! This is the least expensive form to ensure a glowing skin.
- Remove your makeup before hitting the sack every night. This is very important as makeup will not allow the skin to breathe and hence damage it. Do remove the makeup no matter howsoever tired you are.
- Invest in a good day and night cream. Night creams are specially formulated to work on night time when our skin is resting. It replenishes and rejuvenates the skin.
- Our kitchen is an excellent source for scrubs and masks. Simply mix gram flour, honey, and rose water and apply for a firm and glowing skin. You may also add egg white, which works excellently on tightening the skin. Mix papaya pulp and honey. This will give an instant glow. Use oatmeal, sugar and honey as a scrub. For oily skin, fuller’s earth and rosewater paste works wonders.
- Consult a dermatologist if you have persistent skin issues. Consult a gynecologist or endocrinologist if you have hormonal issues. Do not self-medicate.
These are few pointers from me to have a healthy and glowing skin. Ladies, glow and how!